OHSAS 18001 (18000) certification is an Occupational health and safety management system certification. This is a high level health and safety management system process which contains systematic approach of identifying and managing various health and safety hazards lying at the work place.
Following is an overview about OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system requirements.
1) Framing OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system policy that gives an idea about vision of organization towards managing health and safety.
2) Identifying OHSAS 18001 health and safety hazards. Rating identified hazards against probability of occurence and severity.
3) Fixing a benchmark point for categorizing health and safety hazards in to high, low, medium etc.
4) Evaluating operational controls for high categorized hazards.
5) Taking necessary management plans for lowering severity/probability of identified health hazards.
6) Documenting and training about OHSAS 18001 operational control procedures / plans to control medium and low OHS hazards.
7) Giving trainings about OHSAS 18001 internal auditor
8) Implementing necessary operational controls
9) Evaluating and complying with applicable OHSAS 18001 related health and safety related legal requirements. This might be factory laws/rules/acts./regulations and other statutory and regulatory requirements pertaining to health and safety.
10) Management area requirements implementation such as internal audit, management review, control of documents, control of records, training etc.
11) Application to OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system OHS certification agency.
12) Stage 1 audit by OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system OHS certification agency.
13) Closing non conformaties / observations given by OHSAS certification agency during stage 1 audit.
14) Stage 2 audit by OHSAS 18001 certification body.
15) Closing non conformities / observatiosn given by OHSAS certification body during stage 2 audits.
Blue Sky Management Services is a leading OHSAS 18001 consultants in india , OHSAS 18000 internal auditor lead auditor training providers in India.
Where OHSAS certification is applicable.
OHSAS 18001 (18000) occupational health and safety assessment series – Occupational health and safety management system - Certification is applicable to all kinds of manufacturing and service sector
What is the purpose / advantage of OHSAS 18001 (18000) management system registration?
Benefit to Work Place
OHSAS Occupational health and safety Management system helps organization in developing safe and healthy work place that includes infrastructure & work environment
Benefit to Processes / practice
OHSAS management system helps organization in developing safe and healthy work practices that reduces accidents / injuries / ill health incidents.
Benefit to Peoples
After getting training on OHSAS 18000 requirements, OHSAS management system helps organization in developing safe and healthy work practices that reduces accidents / injuries / ill health incidents. This improves faith & comfortness of employees in their work which further improves productivity / efficiency of the individuals.
Improves reputation of organization
OHSAS management system improves reputation of the organization amongst its stake holders. OHSAS drive makes motivates everyone attached with organization to follow safe and healthy work practices for the benefit of society
Organizations searching for OHSAS 18001 consultants in India, OHSAS 18001 certification in India can contact us.